Sunday, December 11, 2011

Amy Winehouse FEVERRRR. (Plus the new Fred Perry Spring 2012 collection.)



I am a SUPER fan of Amy Winehouse. I don't think there hasn't gone a day wherein I don't listen to at least one of her songs (you know, unless of course my ipod runs out of battery and I get too tired to charge it.). So, being the lovable fan I am, my eyes popped right out of their sockets when I found out that Fred Perry had an Amy Winehouse themed clothing line. I was nonetheless brimming with happiness while I was checking out the designs, but I've got a few comments regarding the designs.

I don't think the collection exactly captured the essence of Amy's Miami-themed style. Especially the plain and simple pastel pink cardigan. Amy Winehouse' style is one that stands out from the crowd and not to mention extremely sexy, but after seeing such plain and (forgive me for saying this Fred Perry) dull designs, I just can't help but feel a tad bit disappointed with the outcome. I know that the clothes still had to have that "Fred Perry" vibe, but perhaps they could have used a little more "oomph" to them. Though there were some parts of the collection that made me a downer, I thoroughly liked those that made use of the Amy Winehouse themed print. The pattern was playful and whimsical. It had this really cute yet raw feeling to it. Kudos to that. My favorite part of the collection was the tie-up printed shirt, the high waisted turn-up shorts, and the pedal pushers. The handbag was pretty cute too.

So these are my favorite designs from the collection:
 





Some Amy love :)



Her previous collection from Fred Perry:




And that concludes it for this blog post. Now, I shall go back to black for my exams start tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)


--

pictures from fredperry.com & google.

1 comment:

  1. those shorts are just perfection! love the colour and how they're shaped, classy and simple!
    xx

    ReplyDelete